The Accessibility Conference – News
July 23, 2015
Accessibility Conference on AMI-TV
AMI Inside attended the 2015 Accessibility Conference, taping sessions and interviewing speakers and participants. Two sessions are posted on AMI Inside. Enjoy!
Season 1, Episode 7
The Guelph Accessibility Conference
Season 1, Episode 8
Web Extra: The Guelph Accessibility Conference – Jeffrey Preston
July 9, 2015
Accessibility Innovation Showcase – Saturday, August 8 to Monday, August 10, 2015
The Accessibility Innovation Showcase is hosted by the Ontario government to raise the profile of accessibility, demonstrate advances in technology and market-ready innovations, and stimulate investment and growth of the industry.
Located at the MaRS Discovery District, this Showcase features both a public and industry-focused program including: exclusive investment and networking opportunities, interactive demonstrations, kids zone, sports zone, speaker series, hack-a-thon, rapid prototyping and public tours.
If you would like to receive more information about this event, please contact us by email at Accessibility.Showcase@ontario.ca, phone at (416) 325-7914 or TTY at 1-800-268-7095 or 416-325-3408.
July 8, 2015
Mark your Calendars for the 2016 Accessibility Conference
The dates are set – Tuesday and Wednesday, May 31 and June 1, 2016.
June 9, 2015
Many presenters have provided contact information on their session descriptions. If you’re interested in a topic or session, check the session descriptions for additional links.
May 24, 2015
- Download a Tuesday Schedule (pdf, 8.5″ x 14″ paper).
- Download A Wednesday Schedule (pdf, 8.5″ x 14″ paper).
Your nametag and participant hand-out will be at the Registration Desk.
Sessions Start (Rozanski Hall – google map):
- Tuesday at 8:30 am
- Wednesday at 8:45 am
- From Theory to Practice Using Edtech to infuse Universal Design for Learning In the classroom -Bring your lap top or favourite mobile device – Tuesday at 2 pm
- WordPress and Accessibility – Bring your own laptop and a fresh WordPress install to follow along during the session. Tuesday at 1 pm
- Tuesday Social – Join Participants and Speakers for a snack and drink at the BullRing, Tuesday at 4 pm
- Guelph Accessibility Camp – share ideas, brainstorm and debate answers to accessibility-related challenges – Tuesday at 5 pm
- Tour the iBeacon conference guidance service. Download the BlindSq Event GeoFence app on your iPhone or iPad device in advance to experience firsthand the iBeacon conference guidance services.The Tour is free! Please register in advance – Wednesday at 12:15
- “Memetic Fantasies of Disability: They See Me Rollin’, They Hatin’”Jeffrey Preston provides the Capstone Address exploring common Internet memes about disability and how we actively and passively enforce normative expectations of the disabled person – Wednesday at 1 pm.
May 7, 2015
“Memetic Fantasies of Disability: They See Me Rollin’, They Hatin’”
Jeffrey Preston will provide the Capstone Session exploring common Internet memes about disability and how we actively and passively enforce normative expectations of the disabled person – Wednesday at 1 pm.
April 8, 2015
Keynote Speaker: Mayo Moran
Professor Mayo Moran, Provost of Trinity College will speak on the “Second Legislative Review of AODA”
If you’re interested in additional information on a session, most presenters have provided their contact information or links and can be contacted directly. Visit the Sessions page for the list of conference streams and sessions.