The Accessibility Conference
June 7, 2016
Session Information – Many presenters have provided their contact information on their session description. If you’re interested in a topic or session, check the Sessions page
Mark your calendars for 2017!
- Workshops: Monday, May 29, 2017
- Conference: Tuesday and Wednesday, May 30 and 31, 2017
May 27, 2016
Sessions are located in Rozanski Hall and start
- Monday at 8:30 am
- Tuesday at 8:45 am
- Find us on Google maps
Conference confirmation emails and parking passes (if ordered) were sent from info@OpenEd.uoguelph.ca – check your junk mail if you didn’t receive an email.
Conference parking is located in P14/15.
Bring a sweater! Room temperatures can vary.
May 26, 2016
A new session “Governing Dogs:An Autoethnographic Tale of Redefining ‘Service Dog’ in Canada” – Monday at 10:00 am.
Download a print schedule (Word docx, legal (8.5 x 14) paper )
May 10, 2016
- Only one workshop with space available – register soon for Creating Accessible Fillable Adobe Forms
- Calling for Agenda Items – AT/Alt Format Transcriptionists – send your discussion topics to Sue Burns
- Accessibility Camp – no registration required but if you’re interested in the buffet, register for a supper ticket
May 2, 2016
Calling all Assistive Technologists/Alt Format Transcriptionists
• What’s New in Repositories for Accessible Content?
• Alternative Format and Copyright – Learn how to practice due diligence and minimize legal risk
• Assistive Technologist/Alt Format Transcriptionist Group Discussion
Visit the Document and Media Session descriptions.
April 21, 2016
Keynote and Capstone
- Monday – Keynote – James Sanders – “Disability – A Technical Challenge”
- Tuesday – Capstone – The Honourable David C. Onley – “Accessibility Today – Are We Still Rising to the Challenge?”
Learn more about the Keynote and Capstone speakers.
April 13, 2016
Join a Community Event
- Inclusive Education Design Jam
- Assistive Technologist /AltFormat Transcriptionist Group Discussion
- Accessibility Camp
Visits Sessions 2016 to discover an event for you.
April 6, 2016
Accessible Documents Workshops
Learn to create an accessible Word doc, transfer that Word doc to an accessible PDF, ensure an existing PDF is accessible, or create an accessible fillable form. Register for one or more Workshops on Wednesday, June 1:
- Creating Accessible Fillable Adobe Forms
- Accessible Document Training from Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat Pro XI
- Accessible Document Remediation: Making Existing PDFs Accessible
January 4, 2016
Through his position as Accessibility Officer for AMI (Accessible Media Inc.), Robert was a longstanding and enthusiastic Conference sponsor and presenter. Robert’s keen knowledge and understanding of accessibility issues, as well as his dedication to fostering inclusivity, will be greatly missed.
Accessibility Conference on AMI-TV – AMI Inside attended the 2015 Accessibility Conference, taping sessions and interviewing speakers and participants. Two sessions are posted on AMI Inside. Enjoy!
Season 1, Episode 7
The Guelph Accessibility Conference
Season 1, Episode 8
Web Extra: The Guelph Accessibility Conference – Jeffrey Preston
Session Information – Many presenters have provided contact information on their session descriptions. If you’re interested in a past topic or session, check the “About Us & Session Descriptions” page for additional links.
Follow us on Twitter #AccessConf16